Sunday, August 9, 2009

breezy

A little blues harp goes a long way. Zero blues harp goes even further. I had to say this to my boss when he suggested my music needed more harmonica. We were listening to Prairie Home Companion. Sometimes this show makes me smile, but more often I get so annoyed I want to smash something.
I fantasized about being a breezy person at the grocery store this morning. I imagined I could be the kind of guy that catches a ladies eye. I had a vision of myself cheerfully shopping and engaging other people with a lightness.
I took my groceries to the parking garage in the basement. Two sporty cars came racing into the garage doing a lap close in on each other. What the fuck is this, I wondered. I realized that I am at a certain age, and that I do hate young people more and more. I think their styles are moronic, their vision uninspired. I'm one to talk. The sandcastles of my imagination are forever sabotaged by my blue collar inner voice.
I fantasize about a certain discipline to create each day.

No comments: