Monday, July 14, 2008

Hard Cheese

You can never get what you want
havent felt this way since 2004
dont ever leave me, dont ever go
i cant afford to see my family
i cant afford to put out this record
i cant afford to live out my revenge fantasy against everyone
i CAN afford to drink
i can't afford to write more songs or tour.
Until all the debt is gone.
Until 2011.
I have friends that must be millionaires,
because they are always flying around.
Summer comes and they are here and there.
Some have been to Europe. Brazil. Thailand.
Ive never been to Mexico.
Ive only spent 6 hours in Canada stuck with a friend
who was denied entry.
I went to Boise this spring to get my piano and it
broke my savings.
I don't believe in Buddhist thinking about
not focusing on what you lack
I'm having the only fun I can afford right now-
bitching and self-pity
It is so very gratifying, it loosens up the
seratonin, gets the dopamine flowin.
I've been punished for being foolish enough to live a dream.
My sentence is spent in yards of dogshit and
thorny plants.
Thorny people with thorny needs.
I really dont give a shit about plants. I know how to dig.
Im really fucking good at it.
Im better than you at sprinkler work, troubleshooting, design,
and that is really sad.

No comments: